Bruce Marks is an Ottawa lawyer and Notary Public for the Province of Ontario. He was called to the Bar in 1993.
Mr. Marks appears before before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Canada and the Ontario Municipal Board. He litigates all areas of law, with a particular focus on medical and professional malpractice, personal injury and commercial, contract and shareholder disputes.
He advises clients in all aspects of incorporation and share offerings.
Telephone (613) 271-2129
* University of Ottawa, B. Soc. Sc. (Political Science and Economics)
* University of Ottawa, LL.B.
* Kings College, University of London, LL.M. Program. Courses attended: Banking Law, International Law, Comparative Trust Law, International Trade Law
* Past Instructor, Bar Admission Course - Business Law Section - Corporate/Commercial Law, Law Society of Upper Canada
* Canadian Securities Course
* Partner, Marks & Marks LLP
* Called to the Ontario Bar in 1993.
Acted as counsel to the Green Co-op, an Ontario Co-operative Corporation which is constructing the first Wind Turbine/Wind Farm in the Ottawa Area.
Commercial practice including, Corporate Structuring including Incorporations, New Business Start-Ups, Joint-Ventures, Co-operatives, Limited Partnerships, Securities, Secured Transactions, Venture Capital Financing, International Trade, Real Estate matters, Estates and Trusts, Debtors Rights, Creditors Rights, PPSA Matters, Contracts, Franchise Agreements, Bankruptcy-Insolvency Matters and Asset Protection.
Commercial Litigation including, Securities, Franchise Litigation, Construction Lien Litigation, Repair and Storage Liens Act Matters, Non-competition Matters, Share-holders Oppression Matters.
Employment, represents clients regarding employment matters, including contract drafting, negotiation and termination.
* Municipal Law Practice, Mr. Marks represents both rate-payers and developers before the Ontario Municipal Board.
* Mr. Marks appears at all levels of Court in Ontario including the Court of Appeal of Ontario as well as the Federal Court of Canada.
* Mr. Marks is a Canadian lawyer who has a wealth of experience in transactional work, including venture capital financing for medium and large projects. He has successfully secured financing for $175 MM plant start up.
* As in-house counsel for a $55MM startup which relied on the importation of European technology and equipment under license he dealt with all aspects of the project, including, financing, corporate structuring, securities matters, employment contracts, marketing, distribution and agency agreements.
* Mr. Marks was an instructor of the Bar Admission Course - - Business Law Section - Corporate/Commercial Law for the Law Society of Upper Canada, the licensing body for lawyers in Ontario.
* Mr. Marks lectures frequently on the subject of Business Start-Ups.
© Marks Law. All Rights Reserved.